What you can do: A short list.
Add to this list!
- #grabyourwallet boycott list: Boycott companies that support Trump
- ask that your university, department, program, etc. issue a strong statement against racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-immigration, etc.
- organize at our schools, depts, and faculty senates, etc to look for ways to defend students, scholars, and faculty from lists or deportation, and from physical attacks
- work together on localized actions and tools (how communities can organize at the local level; how to look out for your neighbors; what to demand from your local town council or city hall, ex. Indigenous sovereignty, enforcement of treaties with Indigenous nations, water rights, prison system reform, greater rights and protections for the incarcerated, sanctuary status for migrants, etc.)
- offer workshops or info on how communities can defend against racist, sexist, homophobic, and Islamophobic attacks (shared via pdfs and/or YouTube video) as well as sexual harassment/assault
- study the ways these issues are historical
- donate time and money to support the many causes that are threatened by a Trump administration (see how to get involved thread/post)
- support and plan a general strike or walk-out on inauguration day, Friday, January 20
- March in solidarity with the Million women march (and others!) on Saturday, January 21st